Friday, July 2, 2010

Childish innocence...



She was running around the place jumping here and there when I told her to come lie down next to me. Stubborn as she is I had to lure her by waving my arms and pointing out at the sky telling her to come look at the pretty stars. After a few moments of describing how beautiful they are she finally came and nestled next to me.


She pointed out at the sky saying “Dis, dis” I smiled and told her “yes, look pretty stars. Wave bye-bye” I started waving my hands and of course she joined me. She was giggling and waving both her hands shouting “bah-bah”. Watching her so excited made me feel so happy, I couldn't stop smiling and waving with her. The moment was pure, simple and full of joy. Of course she wouldn’t stay still for more than ten minutes so the moment had to end but the joyful sensation remained.



Waving at the stars with a two-year old might seem a childish and ridiculous thing for a twenty-year old to do but honestly I don’t mind being ridiculous and I absolutely love being childish sometimes. Being around that much innocence fills my heart with joy and peace, so I don’t mind behaving like a two-year old every now and then :).


“No matter what happens... always keep your childish innocence.” Quoted form “Under The Tuscan Sun”
                                                                         N.

1 comment:

  1. How...emotional. I love babies by the way, and you've just helped me depict what is heart warming.


    I respect this tendency instilled inside of you that sustains you with purity.

    Nicely written, Nada, sincerely.

    You have no idea about how much i adore kids. They're a boon from Allah.

    Good job:)

    ReplyDelete

It's my pleasure to read your comment :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails