Tuesday, August 2, 2011

An ending... A beginning :)



1\8\2011


Earlier today I was watching the finale of the Oprah show. It made me feel very sad and I even cried a little bit. The feeling of an end, a closure was in the air. Something about Oprah’s facial expressions as she talked about her 25 year journey touched my heart. I always feel a little sad when something I got attached to ends. It was the deep emotion of closing an important chapter in your life that touched my heart, not the ending of the show. Little did I know that in the same day I’d experience the same feeling. A few hours later I received a phone call from a friend telling me that our final test results were out and that we all passed and officially graduated college. I was ecstatic of course, even though I’ve known for several days and I knew that my college life has come to an end, now it’s official. I am no longer a student. The final chapter of my life as an adolescent is done and now I’m an adult.


As the feeling settled in after a couple of hours I felt happy, excited and a little sad. I don’t like endings and I don’t like beginnings either, it’s the middle that I always love. I can confidently say that I had a full, enjoyable, educating and satisfying college experience. I’m happy that I can say that I enjoyed my college experience even with its depressing, frustrating moments. I thank God for leading me to experience everything in college especially the hang outs and the student activities.


Today it became official and final. Even though I was striving for it to end, it’s a little sad that it really did end. I’m going to miss everything, not the studying part of course because I’d be lying if I said I’d miss that lol. I’m content and satisfied El Hamdu-l-Allah.
Another chapter of my life has ended, now it’s time to write a new one ;)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I remember when I finished my undergraduate degree. I mostly felt relief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I feel relieved of course, my senior year was very exhausting but rewarding at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you perceive your current phase to be more rewarding and fulfilling :). You're a good-hearted, ambitious person and I am confident that you will be persistent enough to conjure something of great significance to our community :).

    ReplyDelete

It's my pleasure to read your comment :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails