Monday, August 9, 2010

Letter to the sea...

Dear sea,


Ever since I was a little girl I heard people saying that they love you so much because they can “talk” to you freely and tell you all their secrets. I didn’t fully get it at that time and as I grew up I still didn’t understand what they meant by talking to you. Now, since I’ll be staying close to you for a while, I thought why don’t I give this a try and “talk” to you maybe I’ll find something I’ve been looking for everywhere else.


So I’ve been staying in Alexandria for about two weeks now and I have to say that this particular timing is special for me. I’ve already lived in this amazing city for the first 10 years of my life, but I have to admit I was never really attached to you. As I started to grow up and evolve spiritually, I am able now to partially understand why people attach you to reaching a pure spiritual state. Even though I visit Alex several times each year, yet this particular time I feel completely different. I feel attached to you in a whole new way.


I’ve always loved being near you in the early morning, the way the air smells is just amazingly refreshing. I find my self wanting and needing to walk by you and smell the fresh air even though I’ve always preferred gardens for a peaceful place to go. I think something is changing inside of me and I don’t know what it is.


I feel so different. I know I always feel different when I’m in Alex but this time I feel completely different than any other time. It’s like I reached a new level in the game that is my life and I’m getting to know my surroundings. I’m feeling several different emotions and it’s making me confused. I don’t even understand how I’m feeling all those things at the same time.


I truly hope that time will help me adjust and sort everything out. I wish that my time in Alex the city, that holds the best memories I have, passes peacefully and I’m looking forward to figuring you out and discover new parts of myself with you. Hopefully you will teach me what people mean when they say they love “talking” to you.

Yours,


N.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this one, Nada :).

    See how charming being in Alexandria can be :P.

    Simple, soothing, and very expressive as usual.

    Stick to your style, it is enjoyable dearly :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This style of writing is appealing, and i suggest you consider using it when you decide on writing again, insha-allah:).

    I am really looking forward for the next post :).

    ReplyDelete

It's my pleasure to read your comment :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails