Sunday, September 19, 2010

You & Me






I had an image of you drawn in my mind.
I've always wondered about who you are.
I had a million questions with no answers.
I was never able to silence the yearning I had for you.
I always wanted to know you and let you know me.
I was scared that this day may never come.
I'm still scared.
I say that I gave up on the idea.
I say that I don't really care about it anymore.
They believed it, I believed it.
But the yearning in my heart hits me every time I'm close to you.
I didn't give up, I still care.
And that hurts.
I pushed myself to try again,
I forced myself, ignoring all the aching in my heart.
I tried one more time to get close to you.
I tried not to get my hopes high.
I promised myself I wouldn't expect too much.
But I did hope for a change, a change that I know is impossible.
And that hurts.
I'm here but you can't see me.
You only see what you want to see.
I've tried to tell you, to explain how I felt.
You pretended to listen, you promised me a change.
But I know now that my words didn't affect you.
I know that I'll never get what I need from you.
You will never be mine the way you're supposed to.
You pretend that you're here,
I pretend that you're here.
But deep in my heart I know you will never really be here.
You were gone long ago, and you didn't look back.
And that hurts.
I see my place claimed by another,
I see what should've been mine.
And I try to pretend that it's okay.
It's not okay.
It will never be okay.
I knew I wouldn't like the answers,
But I wanted them anyway.
Not knowing was a nightmare,
and knowing is hell.
I'm tired of you and me.
I can't escape you.
I can't ignore you.
I still belong to you.
And I'm still waiting for you.
I ignore everything that will destroy your image.
It torments me but I have to do it.
I have to still hope for a change,
Even if I know that it might never come.

3 comments:

  1. I always find it appealing to read your posts. They have an interesting appeal. Though simple, very sophisticated from my view point.

    Frankly, i find it hard sometimes to realte to your impetus for writing something down. Nevertheless, greatly do i enjoy eying your blog and what it includes :).

    ReplyDelete

It's my pleasure to read your comment :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails