Sunday, January 10, 2010

When a man loves a woman...






He stood by the window, watching the sun as it goes down. Sunsets are often romantic but to this man it was as if the sun was going down taking his life with it.


Sunsets always reminded him of her. He remembered how she’d take a picture of the sunset wherever she goes and he smiled in spite of himself.


Too soon the smile was gone and his eyes were screaming with the pain and he sighed the words


“I Miss You”.


He sighed again and closed the curtains.


“Wake up you’re turning to a masochist. Sunsets always break your heart over her all over again, why do you insist on watching it?


Yes, it reminds you of her. But do you really need reminders. You remember her in every breath you take. You could still feel her around you. Wake up you need to let go.”


“But how can I let go, How can I get over the one person that mattered in my life....... Can you get over your soul mate? Your true love?? ”


As his heart and his mind argued , he held her picture in his hands and just lost himself in her smile. A smile that he’d give away his whole life just to have it lighting up his world once again.


He took the picture, walked over to the piano and just sat there.


How long he stayed that way, he doesn’t know. But suddenly it was like someone has just slapped him. He put the picture on the top of the piano facing him, and for the first time in months his fingers touched the keys. He started to play a song. HER SONG.


“I’ll never stop loving you, no matter how long I stay alive no one will ever claim my heart but you”


He said those words as if she was standing right in front of him. And he broke in to tears as he played her song.


He remembered how she used to love to hear him play. How she’d stay for hours just listening to whatever melody he plays for her. He hasn’t touched his piano since she was gone until today. He felt her presence around him and he wanted to play for HER like he always did.


And the song came to an end. He held the picture again.


“I know you didn’t leave me. I could still feel you around me.......I wish I could hold you just one more time and tell you how much I love you and only you.”


He sighed.


“I know you want me to move on and start living again. ..........I want you to know that life holds no interest for me without you but I’ll live. ..........I’ll live only to fulfill your last wish. I’ll live only for you my love.”


He kissed the picture and put it back.


He had promised her in the last minutes of her short life and It was now time for him to live without HER.



8 comments:

  1. tears :( omg
    more than wonderful and its true when a man really love a woman he loves her from the deepest of his heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes ya nahla when a man loves a woman I mean when he REALLY loves her it goes beyond everything else. thank you sweety :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Caused me to evoke memorable times.


    Understanding that he has to go on with his life for the sake of fulfulling her wishes is refreshing and something that i can personally relate to in so many ways:).

    I enjoyed reading it Nada. Thank you greatly for sharing your expressions with me :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also loved the picture; meaningful and visually compelling:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could feel the pain expressed. Nothing can ease the pain of the loss of a dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. I love this.
    and I agree, when a man loves a woman miracles happen effortlessly.
    have an amazing day hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loveeee it !!
    just wondering does this true love still exist nowadays ??!!

    BTW i'm Mariam Serag :D

    ReplyDelete

It's my pleasure to read your comment :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails