Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Childish happiness...


I’m still a child from the inside.
I refuse to bury the child in me.
I still like lollipops and jellybeans.
I’ll play whatever silly game my young cousins are playing
Just to enjoy their laughs and mine.
I still watch Tom and Jerry and laugh my heart out.
I still love swings and I’d get on one as soon as I spot it.
I don’t care if it’s embarrassing.
So what if a 20 year old is playing with little kids.
At least I get to laugh.
No grown up can make me smile the way my 2 year old cousin can.
I just can’t resist stepping into the world of innocence.
The world that used to be mine one day.
It’s a world where I can do whatever I want.
I don’t have to make decisions or to talk about important things.
Can’t I enjoy being a little girl for a little while?
I don’t care if it’s crazy, or ridiculous.
But actually I feel free when I’m around kids.
They are not mean, their hearts are pure.
They won’t judge you or hurt you.
They just want to play.
So excuse me If want to enjoy the child that I am.
I will not let go of her not matter how old I get.
This child might not know what’s best for me.
But she definitely knows what makes me happy.
So I’ll be that child whenever I need a few laughs
With my young friends and my lollipop.
I’ll be her whenever I need to be free.
Whenever I need to be childishly happy.


1 comment:

  1. It gave me this shiver; dawned some old memories. It is beautiful and well-written:).


    How charming can it be to allow expressions to emerge with no restrains :)

    ReplyDelete

It's my pleasure to read your comment :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails