Wednesday, March 31, 2010

An impasse...



It hurts. It really hurts.
I am overwhelmed by this feeling that I do not understand.
I cannot tell if I am sad or happy.
I am neither sad nor happy.
I am lost in this empty circle.
Going over this impasse over and over again.
I am exhausted.
I wish I could just shut out everything that reminds me of it.
I wish I could shout “Please stop telling me how you feel ”
I cannot understand how you feel.
I can never feel that devotion in your words,
And it hurts that I cannot feel the same about it.
It really hurts.
Please be careful and stop opening up my wounds.
I know you do not mean to hurt me.
So just stop reminding me of what I will never have.



5 comments:

  1. Memories that got sealed up by time can get reopened by a fake statment about love or affection by someone. I don't know if i am correct but can relate to what you're saying

    You state things simply and beautifuly; i love that about your writing style mashallah. A very unclear and compelling statement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH just like what i feel you always create a link in your writing to my life I'm so related to this poem !!
    and believe me i gone through all of that ALOT more than u can ever imagine and you will get over it you'r strong enough you have to see what best for you and eventuality believe me God know what best for you
    you will be okay :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you can relate ya nahla :D but here I'm not talking about a previous love , if it was something I can easily shut out believe me I would've done that years ago. :D but everything happens for a reason so rabena ysahel b2a

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the last three lines ..
    Your style is so simple and warm ..

    Keep it up ..

    ReplyDelete

It's my pleasure to read your comment :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails