Sunday, March 14, 2010

Unbearable silence...



I kept myself busy by looking out the window. I was trying to distract myself. I tried to keep myself busy with watching people walking on the streets. Everything around me seemed to be alive except for us.



It’s like we were stuck in this bubble and the outside world couldn’t reach us. Despite the noise outside, I could only hear the sound of our breathing and nothing else.


Minutes passed, I would make a comment every now and then trying to break the silence and all I got was a “hmmm” and then silence again. I just can’t bear it any longer. He’s torturing me and he knows it.


I glanced at him.


He looked so upset. He was frowning the way he always does when he’s thinking about something.


“I’d give anything just to get inside your head right now” I thought to my self. I don’t know why he’s ignoring me like that. He knows I hate being ignored and I don’t like leaving things hanging.


“Why are you ignoring me?” I wanted to scream at him.
I went back at watching the streets, trying to distract myself. I saw a couple walking hand in hand with smiley faces. A tear ran down my cheek. I thought about how the evening started and how happy we were. I was hoping for a smooth evening and it turned out to be a complete disaster.


I turned on the radio, music always managed to alter my mood. There was a nice song playing and I started to relax a little bit.


I glanced at him again and he was still frowning.


“What? What are you thinking? Please tell me I’m losing my mind here,” I screamed inside my head.


The song was over and a new one started; it was our song. At that point I was doing all I can to control myself but I could not hold myself together any longer.


“Please stop the car.” My voice broke mid-sentence.


“Why?” he looked at me. He frowned even more when he realized I was crying.


“Just please stop the car. We need to talk”


“Can’t you wait till we reach home?”


“No I can’t. STOP THE CAAAAAR.” I lost it. I needed to talk now or I’ll go mad.


“Fine” he said while pulling over to the side.


Silence took over again. We weren’t looking at each other. I was gazing ahead and he was doing the same. It seemed like we had nothing to talk about.


Minutes passed and we didn’t speak. I was thinking, trying to figure out what’s the right think to say.
.
.
.
.
.
“I’m sorry” we spoke at the same time.


I smiled at him and he smile back.


He started the car again and I went back to watching the streets. Only now, there was a small smile on my lips. I know that we still need to talk and work things out, but at least that unbearable silence was over…


4 comments:

  1. Like a piece of something complete; a scene derived from a long long excellent story. Loved it; you really can erect more events by the way.

    I love how expressive you're and how much you really do value emotional aspects. Amazig, simple yet really profound. You're a living proof that simplicity does not neccessarily cause interest to fade:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a pretty good writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it .. Love it .. Love it !!
    Simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes silent expressions are better than a million words, very touching and very profound.. loved it,keep going!!

    ReplyDelete

It's my pleasure to read your comment :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails